Pawleys Island Things to Do
The Pawleys Island area is a gem of the South Carolina Lowcountry. Nestled between Myrtle Beach and Charleston, this historic summer resort is a playground for visitors of all ages. Stay in Litchfield Beach and enjoy easy access to excellent restaurants, Championship golf courses, beautiful shoreline, and so much more. Whether you visit for a few days or a full week, there are plenty of Pawleys Island things to do and memories to last a lifetime.
Check out some of our favorite activities and attractions below. Then, request access to our free Litchfield Beach Vacation Guide to learn even more about the area. This digital tool is a gateway to the best of Pawleys Island, SC. Use it to plan your next vacation!
30 of Our Favorite Pawleys Island Activities & Attractions
On date nights, birthdays, and times where you simply don’t want to cook, Pawleys Island restaurants set the scene for a delicious meal. You’ll find lots of great places to dine by the sea. Plus, there’s something for everyone in your group, from succulent seafood to locally grown produce.
Craving a Carolina classic like fried chicken and waffles? How about a bowl of our region’s signature she-crab soup? No matter what you’re in the mood for, you’ll find it on Pawleys Island. Pop into one of these local eateries for brunch or supper and discover what makes Lowcountry cuisine so craveable.
- Rustic Table | Elevated Lowcountry cuisine
- Pawley’s Raw Bar | The place to go for a fresh catch
- Ocean One | Fine dining, seafood
- Bistro 217 | Fine dining, steaks and pasta
- Austin’s Cabana Café | Casual beach bar with stunning ocean views
Golf and the South Carolina Lowcountry go together like peanut butter and jelly. Here, avenues of live oaks draped with Spanish moss serve as a backdrop for a fun and challenging day on the green. Simply head to one of our area’s many Champion golf courses to see what we mean. With views like these, you’ll want to book multiple tee times on your trip!
Take a look at some of our favorite courses below and start packing your clubs.
- Caledonia Golf & Fish Club | Built on a former rice plantation
- Pawleys Plantation Golf & Country Club | Historic course with beautiful views
- Founders Club | World-class design, “tough but fair”
- True Blue Golf Club | Fun layout with vast fairways and impressive elevation changes
- Heritage Club | Ranked one of the 50 best courses in America
For Outdoor Enthusiasts
There are so many ways to experience the great outdoors in the Lowcountry. Whether you prefer the beach or a state park, water or land, Dunes has you covered with opportunities for adventure. The best part? South Carolina’s mild weather offers the chance to experience these recreational activities all year long! Below are just a few of the most popular things to do in our area.
- Fishing & Crabbing | Cast your line for flounder, sea bass, shark, and more
- Kayaking | Paddle the waterways alongside dolphins
- Biking | A leisurely way to explore Pawleys Island
- Surfing | Lessons and rentals for surfers of all ages & experience levels
- Huntington Beach State Park | Nature trails teeming with local wildlife
For Rainy Days
Although South Carolina enjoys lots of sunshine (about 210 days per year), there’s always a chance it could rain during your vacation. Luckily, there are plenty of things to do on Pawleys Island when it rains. Pick up some souvenirs, treat yourself to a massage, or catch a show at one of our local theatres. You’ll forget all about the less-than-perfect weather.
- Hammock Shops | Retail therapy & more
- Island Day Spa | Facials, massages, manis/pedis, and other treatments
- The Strand Theater | Historic venue on Front Street in Georgetown
- The Carolina Opry | Live shows & tributes to your favorite musical artists
- All Fired Up | Paint your own pottery studio
For the Family
Adults and children alike will have a blast on your next family vacation to Pawleys Island and Litchfield Beach. It’s the perfect place to unwind and spend time together! Imagine leisurely morning bike rides and long days spent at the beach. In the evenings, take the kids to one of these excellent local attractions and keep the fun going.
- Family Kingdom | Amusement park by the sea
- Ripley’s Aquarium | An up-close look at all kinds of marine life
- Brookgreen Gardens | 9,127 acres of flowers, plants, and sculptures
- Fun Warehouse | Indoor fun center with laser tag, roller skating, an arcade, and more
- Pirates Voyage | Dinner and an entertaining show
We’d love for you to get to know our community while you’re here! Bring your family to a local event or festival on Pawleys Island, nearby Murrells Inlet, or Myrtle Beach for a taste of the Lowcountry’s unique culture. With events centered around food, wine, music, and more, you’re sure to find something to pique your interest. You’ll feel like a local in no time!
- The MI Race for the Inlet | March
- Annual Plantation Tours | April
- Pawleys Island Kayak Race | July
- Pawleys Island Music Festival | October
- Nights of a Thousand Candles | December
Don’t Forget to Claim Your Free Vacation Guide!
We hope this short list got you excited about visiting Litchfield Beach and Pawleys Island! Sure, you could Google the best things to do on your getaway to Lowcountry. But why not ask a local instead? Dunes Beach Home Rentals has been assisting guests with their family vacations for over 50 years. We know this area inside and out, and we’re dedicated to making your trip the best it can be.